Welcome Bakeoff participants! MYTHICC was pleased to host our first annual Bakeoff in co-sponsorship with the Weekly Disappointment community. There were many beautiful entries but alas, only three could win. Before we announce our busy bee bakers, let’s do a recap of what all was done:
- Participants baked anything… yes, anything… but preferably baked goods
- Judges reviewed all entries and gave blind scores based on Creativity, Presentation, and Uniqueness
Without further ado, here are the winners and event picture highlights:
- Kalilolamb at 45 pts with her cataclysmic Maelstrom Cake, “Azeroth probably felt that one!” – Taru
- Marcescens at 38 pts with his spirited Peppermint Macarons, “That’s a lot of green.” -Izzac
- Starflower at 34 pts with her delightful Pineapple Upside-down Cake, “Them cherries be poppin’!” -Kasp
Inspired by the show Nailed It! on Netflix, we gave our more adventurous bakers a self-serving challenge; could they replicate a difficult cake? The winner also won a copy of the “World of Warcraft Official Cookbook!” They had to pick from one of the following cake options: an angel, a penguin, and a Christmas tree!
Our winner for the Nailed It! category was… 🥁
Anarane with her amazing replica Christmas tree! 🎄 Judges were dazzled with the detail work: the star appearing lit, the snow dusting, and an almost exact plating! Congratulations, Ana and special mentions to Starflower with her Nailed It! penguin – the fondant work was impressive, especially the ornaments!
Each one of our winners will take home the “World of Warcraft Official Cookbook!” Weekly Disappointment community sponsored additional awards to some of our winners:
- Shadowlands: Base Edition
- A store mount
- A store pet
These prizes will be distributed pending review. A huge thank you to all who participated in the first event like this of its kind. We’ll see you all at the next GREAT MYTHICC BAKEOFF! 🍰